About the Association
PMAI - A scientific association established by virtue of Ministerial Order No. (2908) on 24/7/2018 and based on the Law of Scientific Associations No. (55) for the year 1981 amended.
The Project Management Association of Iraq (PMAI) founded in 2018. It aims at advancing individuals’ careers, improve organisational successful project delivery and continually improve the profession of project management in Iraq and worldwide.
The Association aims to achieve the following :
- Work on issuing the relevant project management standards and methodologies applicable to the organisational environment in Iraq.
- Work with government authorities to legislate the right policies and regulations necessary to improve the performance of project delivery in the country.
- Define the different levels of project management maturity for both individuals and organisations and develop a road map for them to follow to mature to the highest levels in the field.
- Ensure continuous communication with the international project management communities and work on transferring the knowledge, skills and best practices to individuals and organisations in the country.
- Develop project management capacity building programmes to PMAI members and project management practitioners and organisations in line with the latest best practices in the field.
- Work on achieving professional integration among government, private and investment organisations in order to support the national efforts to meet the needs of effective development and reconstruction plans and efficient service delivery to Iraqi citizens.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans to improve the practices and performance of the public and private sectors to ensure excellent service delivery.